Welcoming Visitors and Newcomers
Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lehigh Valley. We are glad you are here. We would like to get to know you and have provided some information about us on these pages. If you would like to learn more, please fill out the new visitor welcome form so we can get in touch with you.
Come, come, whoever you are, wanderer, worshiper seeker of wonder…
We at UUCLV invite you to stay awhile and visit with us. Presently we are not meeting in person; so join us for a Sunday service via Zoom and stay after to chat with us in a breakout room. Come share your story with our stories as we transform our congregation together.
We would like to tell you about who we are. Our mission together is to —
- We gather in worship to find meaning and live more deeply. Worship creates connections within, among, and beyond us, calling us to our better selves, calling us to live with wisdom and compassion.
- Our faith is informed by diverse sources more
- direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder,
- words and deeds of prophetic people,
- wisdom from the world’s religions, Jewish and Christian teachings,
- Humanist teachings, and
- spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions.
- We are guided by our Seven Principles as well as our new 8th Principle (“We, the member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association, covenant to affirm and promote: journeying toward spiritual wholeness by working to build a diverse and multicultural Beloved Community by our actions that accountably dismantle racism and other oppressions in ourselves and our institutions”) and encourage and support each individual to follow their own faith journey.
- We offer classes, discussion and practices to nurture spiritual and personal growth.
- Learn more about our Religious Education classes for children, youth, and adults here,
- Learn more about our Sunday Breakfast Forum here to explore current events, philosophy, science and religion.
- We believe personal and spiritual growth leads to social transformation.
CONNECT IN KINDNESS
- We strive to reflect and affirm all races, ethnicities, cultures, sexual identities, and physical abilities.
- We believe in order to be whole we need to welcome everyone.
- Our hope is to be a place where you can belong, to grow and make connections as we learn and change.
- We are a place where we take care of each other.
- At this time, when we cannot be physically together, we try to stay connected through social time after Sunday worship
- Other activities here
- Through pastoral care. If you have a pastoral care concern, contact our minister at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELP HEAL THE WORLD
- We have a longstanding commitment to social action for environmental, peace and community issues.
- We are a Unitarian Universalist Association certified Green Sanctuary, committed to preserve the earth’s resources. We take action as a congregation and personally to be good stewards of the environment.
- We are a Welcoming Congregation, open to all, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability, or religious tradition.
- Visit our Social Action page to learn about our current initiatives.
Will you join us as we try to make a better world?
We belong to a wider organization of other Unitarian Universalist congregations, the Unitarian Universalist Association, which provides a rich resource of information about the denomination, our beliefs, opportunities for social action on a regional, national or international level, and opportunities to join others with like interests, such as young adults or pagans.
We invite you to contact our Welcome Team email@example.com and let us know your interests, questions and if you would like to sign up for our weekly enewsletter. You can also sign up via the new visitor welcome form.