Date(s) - 11/15/2019
4:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Please join us for our 2019 service auction. Thank Goodness It’s Friday will be our theme. Our evening will start with a happy hour at 4:00pm featuring appetizers, beer, wine, and soft drinks. Then enjoy our pot-luck meal – salad, main dish, side dish, and well as a vast selection of desserts.
***Pay attention to our newest category called “UUBay”. A special category for downsizers! See How the Auction Works section below for more information on this category. Not to be missed.
Returning back is our successful category called “I Want What I Want”. This is a way for you to request a service that you want to be done at a flat rate that you will pay to the church. Then if someone agrees to perform the I Want What I Want service, the task is done for you and the church gets the funds. A win-win effort!
During the entire evening be prepared to have fun together. Fun bidding on the many offers at the auctions as you enjoy a most memorable evening. Be sure to experience it all – The Food, The Live Auction, The Silent Auction, The Signups, and I Wants What I Want.
Admission: $10.00 per person or $5.00 with a potluck food dish for the meal. Children are free and childcare is available with activities for the kids.
What could YOU offer at the auction? If you are planning a specific event, please set a date so people can plan. If the event is for a specific number of people, please tell us. All kind of offerings and goods are appreciated. If you want someone to pet sit, or drive you to the airport, or help you with a house chore, submit your “I Want What I Want” service offer. Fill out the Service Auction Donation online form to make your service auction offer.
To see a catalog that is updated periodically, please select one of the following (coming soon!):
- Online Catalog – Detailed listing directly from our auction database.
- Printer-friendly Auction Catalog – in PDF format
- Summary of Auction Items – in PDF format
For more information contact Dora Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How the Auction Works
- Get your bidder number from the welcome/check in desk as you enter from the Wall Street door.
- It is totally necessary that you have a number to be able to participate in the auction.
B. Voice Auction
- This part of the auction is the most fun and will take place in the community room. Be there at 4:00pm.
- Relax, enjoy and bid.
C. Silent Auction
The silent auction is an exciting moving target.
- Items of the silent auction are exhibited in the gym. You may start bidding after the voice auction. Just remember the final highest bidder wins.
- All the items with the blue sheets are for the silent auction.
- You enter your bidder number on the sheet of the item you desire.
- Also your name and a bid.
- If you are the first bidder, enter at least 50 % of the estimated value of the item as a starting bid.
- Someone after you may then come by and raise your bid.
- It is therefore important you check your items often so they don’t go to someone else
D. Signup Auction
- For this part of the auction it helps to have studied your auction handout.
- Check which items you want. They are arranged in month order starting from December.
- Some items may fill in the first 5 minutes.
- The signup portion of the auction is on the salmon colored sheets
- These are items offered at a fixed price.
- They may be dinners or other great things.
- The number of lines on the sheet correspond to the number of people who can sign up for a particular item.
- Enter your bidder number, your name.
- One line per person, that means, if there are two of you, fill two lines
E. I Want What I Want Auction
- There is a separate table with cream color paper stating what a member/friend buyer wants to have done or a service to be perform. The member/friend buyer sets the price and it is fixed. The buyer pays the amount requested to the church when someone enters their bidder number on the sheet.
- If you want to fulfill a request, simply enter your bidder number and name on the line provided. ONLY one bidder number is possible.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer and the bidder to complete the work on a timely basis. Please be sure to contact one another to make arrangements.
- UUBay is your opportunity to support our congregation and own some unique furniture, artwork and other decorative items that have been well loved and gently used.
- Donors will submit a color picture of the item (cell phone cameras are fine- use .JPG extension). Add a short written description which includes the dimension, and fixed price. This information can be sent to Dora Davenport at email@example.com.
- Dora Davenport will print all information and display it on boards at auction night. If you wish to purchase an item, simply sign the yellow paper that is attached to the photo. At checkout, the item you purchased and its’ donor will be listed on your statement.
- If you purchase an item, you can contact the donor directly and arrange for pickup.
- When the auction is completed, usually around 8:30 pm, go to the cashiers.
- Tell the computer person your bidder number.
- The items will be tallied in the database and presented to you.
- Check your items carefully.We are all human and there could be mistakes.
- Have your checkbook ready to pay the cashiers.
- Make checks payable to “UUCLV “- in the memo portion mark “auction”
- We accept Master Card and Visa, if the item is above $50
- Items such as certificates will be given to you by the cashier – let them know the item # and take the item home.
- Check out will also be available during coffee hour after the Sunday service the next day and the week after.
- You will receive a statement via email but if you prefer a printed copy, please inform the cashier.
H. After the Auction
- You may need during the year information that you misplaced.
- E-mail Dora at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- They will get the information to you from the database.
I. If You Cannot Attend Auction Night
- Contact email@example.com for a bidder number
- Ask someone to do proxy bidding for you using your bidder number.
- Give them a maximum amount you want to spend on an item
- Contact your proxy bidder after the auction.
- Contact Dora to settle your account
J. Items Still Available
- After auction night some items there may be still available
- Check with Dora about those items
- Get a bidder number if you don’t have one already
- Indicate what you want
- Pay for the item by cash or check – see G.7. above