Date(s) - 11/18/2017
4:30 pm - 9:30 pm
For auction results, please click on the following links:
Auction results sorted by bidder (pdf)
Auction results sorted by offerer (pdf)
Mark your calendar for Saturday, November 18th
Please join us for our 2017 service auction. NO theme this year because we are keeping it simple. Our evening will start with a happy hour at 4:30pm featuring appetizers, beer, wine, and soft drinks. Then enjoy our pot-luck meal – salad, main dish, side dish, and well as a vast selection of desserts.
***Pay attention to our newest category called “I Want What I Want”. This is a way for you to request a service that you want to be done at a flat rate that you will pay to the church. Then if someone agrees to perform the I Want What I Want service, the task is done for you and the church gets the funds. A win-win effort!
During the entire evening be prepared to have simple fun. Fun bidding on the many offers at the auctions as you enjoy a most memorable evening. Be sure to experience it all – The Food, The Live Auction, The Silent Auction, The Signups, and I Wants What I Want.
Admission: $10.00 per person or $5.00 with a potluck food dish for the meal. Children are free and childcare is available with activities for the kids. Spread the word! Don’t forget your check book and calendar (for those wonderful dinner items). For more details email email@example.com.
How can you help with this major event? Prepare a potluck dish, sign-up to volunteer to help during the event, click here: http://signup.com/go/hTBnaS.
Now is the time to assess your talents and gifts. What could YOU offer at the auction? If you are planning a specific event, please set a date so people can plan. If the event is for a specific number of people, please tell us. All kinds of offerings and goods are appreciated. If you want someone to babysit or pet sit, or drive you to the airport, or help you with a house chore, submit your “I Want What I Want” service offer. Fill out the form online here to make your service auction offer.
To see a catalog that is updated periodically, please select one of the following:
- Online Catalog – Detailed listing directly from our auction database.
- Printer-friendly Auction Catalog – in PDF format
- Summary of Auction Items – PDF format
How the Auction Works
A. Get a bidder number
- Get your number from the welcome/check in desk as you enter from the Wall Street door.
- It is totally necessary that you have a number to be able to participate in the auction.
B. Silent Auction
The silent auction is an exciting moving target.
- This year we will have the items of the silent auction exhibited in the gym. You can start bidding. Just remember the final highest bidder wins.
- All the items with the blue sheets are for the silent auction.
- You enter your bidder number on the sheet of the item you desire.
- Also your name and a bid.
- If you are the first bidder, enter at least 50 % of the estimated value of the item as a starting bid.
- Someone after you may then come by and raise your bid.
- It is therefore important you check your items often so they don’t go to someone else
C. Signup Auction
- For this part of the auction it helps to have studied your auction handout.
- Check which items you want. They are arranged in month order starting December 2017.
- Some items may fill in the first 5 minutes.
- The signup portion of the auction is on the salmon colored sheets
- These are items offered at a fixed price.
- They may be dinners or other great things.
- The number of lines on the sheet correspond to the number of people who can sign up for a particular item.
- Enter your bidder number, your name.
- One line per person, that means, if there are two of you, fill two lines
D. Voice Auction
- This part of the auction is the most fun and will take place in the community room. Be there at 4:30pm.
- Relax, enjoy and bid.
E. I Want What I Want Auction
- New this year will be a separate table with cream color paper stating what a member/friend buyer wants to have done or a service to be perform. The member/friend buyer sets the price and it is fixed. The buyer pays the amount requested to the church when someone enters their bidder number on the sheet.
- If you want to fulfill a request, simply enter your bidder number on the line provided. ONLY one bidder number is possible.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer and the bidder to complete the work on a timely basis. Please be sure to contact one another to make arrangements.
F. Check out
- When the auction is completed, usually around 9pm, go to the cashiers.
- Tell the computer person your bidder number.
- The items will be tallied in the database and printed.
- Check your printout carefully.
- We are all human and there could be mistakes.
- Have your checkbook ready to pay the cashiers.
- Make checks payable to “UUCLV “- in the memo portion mark “auction”
- We accept Master Card and Visa, if the item is above $50
- Items such as certificates will be given to you by the cashier – let them know the item # and take the item home.
- Don’t forget to take home all children you brought.
G. After the Auction
- You may need during the year information that you misplaced.
- E-mail Dora at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- They will get the information to you from the database.
H. If You Cannot Attend Auction Night
- Contact email@example.com for a bidder number
- Ask someone to do proxy bidding for you using your bidder number.
- Give them a maximum amount you want to spend on an item
- Contact your proxy bidder after the auction.
- Contact Dora to settle your account
I. Items Still Available
- After auction night some items there may be still available
- Check with Dora about those items
- Get a bidder number if you don’t have one already
- Indicate what you want
- Pay for the item by cash or check – see F.7. above