Earlier this fall, the Board and Program Council started a process to develop a set of congregational goals. This progress included several workshops and a congregational town hall during which congregants participated in an exercise to prioritize the draft goals.
The Board reviewed the goals in the context of the town hall meeting and a number of other factors, including available resources. The goals presented below are offered for congregational review. The goals will be voted on at a congregational meeting is scheduled for January 22 following church services.
Final Congregational Goals
- Obtain input from the congregational on desired characteristics of future church venue, e.g. location, adaptability, and other pertinent characteristics. Use this input to identify potential long term homes to own or rent by end of June 2023.
- Develop a plan for a Lifespan Faith Development Program to include strengthened Breakfast Forum, intergenerational programming, and programs for children. Hold an initial congregational workshop early in 2023 (first quarter).
- Commence a long term assessment of the congregation’s ability to connect and value each other in kindness as well as our ability to live our covenant more fully.
- Create a Hospitality Team charged with revitalizing a sense of community and sense of belonging through a program of social events, live service auctions, potlucks, etc.
- Establish a cooperative relationship with another church or non-profit agency with the intent of helping to heal the world.
- Find ways to encourage and support more members to actively participate in our mission.
Clarification: The list of congregational goals has been published several times in Enews and The Link. These goals are numbered 1 through 6. This numbering and order does not necessarily reflect a prioritization. Nor does the ordering suggest that each goal will be addressed in succession, i.e one at a time. Approved goals will be implemented based on a schedule determined by the Board and available resources.